This is an unbelievably simple meal that comes together in a SNAP. And really quite good (and my family is a bunch of complete snobs when it comes to our macaroni and cheese!)
I love that the ingredient list on this is simple!
First I cooked the chicken breast in a cup and a half of water plus a half cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce. In our house, we buy it by the gallon. Cook for 8 minutes on high pressure.
Add noodles, water, and spices (in this case, salt, onion powder and garlic powder) to the instant pot with 3 1/2 cups of water and 2-3 stock cubes. This gives the noodles a lovely velvety texture after cooking. I like to use Cavatappi or Cellentani for macaroni and cheese.
I’ve been using the Instant Pot Max and I’m in love with this thing. In the normal Instant pot you’d want to cook on high pressure for 5 minutes and do a quick release, on the Max you cook at max pressure for 4 minutes and do a quick release as well. BUT the quick release on the IP Max is automatic. Which is AMAZING when you’re trying to multi-task (and when are we not).
After the quick release, add your milk and cheese. I used 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar, 1 cup of shredded mozzarella, and 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan. I’d recommend using real Parmesan for this, not the shaker kind.
Chop the chicken cooked and add to the macaroni and cheese. Normally, I’d probably have subbed in a quarter cup of the RedHot for some of the water for a bit of a kick, but the boy wanted “just plain mac and cheese” so I didn’t. Next time for sure!
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese
- 16 Ounces Uncooked Pasta like Cavatappi or Cellentani for this
- 5 Cups water divided
- 2 to 3 stock cubes
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce
- Cook the chicken breasts in 1 and a half cups water and 1/4 cup of Frank’s RedHot Sauce for 8 minutes on high pressure, then quick release. Drain and chop chicken.
- Add pasta, 3 1/2 cups water, stock cubes and spices to Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes or Max pressure for 4 minutes, and quick release. Add milk and cheeses and cook on high slow cook until cheese is melted through. Serve with chopped chicken breast on top or mixed in
|This post contains affiliate links. If you click the links and make a purchase, I do get a small commission from the sale of the product. It does not impact the purchase price to you. I do not recommend products I have not used, ever. Thank you for your support!|