Cauliflower Cheese Soup
An excellent way to get some extra veggies in!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time1 hr
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 large leek quartered and sliced
- 16 ounce light lager
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 4 frozen stock cubes or omit the chicken base and use chicken stock, about 1 cup, and chicken base to taste
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Add garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, beer, chicken base, frozen stock cubes and chopped cauliflower to Instant pot. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes, and allow to natural release for 10 minutes, then open. Puree contents until smooth. Add cheddar cheese and leeks and cook on high slow cook until cheese is melted and you are ready to eat the soup.