Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Fast, crispy, and delicious in the air fryer!
- 2 large chicken breasts split horizontally
- 1/3 cup beer
- 4 tablespoons buttermilk powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- 2 teaspoons salt
For the coating
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- ¾ cup Parmesan the kind in a green can
For the Sauce
- 14 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic sliced or minced
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground fennel
- 2 teaspoons beef base
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese grated the real stuff
- 5 slices fresh mozzarella or enough to cover your chicken and sauce
To cook chicken
Mix eggs with seasonings and mix bread crumbs with Parmesan (from a can). Remove chicken from bag, and dip in flour, then egg mixture, then bread crumbs. Allow to dry on a rack until chicken looks a bit dry and the coating looks pasty. Cook in air fryer at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes until browned. You can also bake at 450 for about 10-12 minutes until browned, but the bottom will not be as crispy.
Remove chicken from air fryer. Add sauce to top, and cook in 300 degree oven for about 10 minutes until sauce is warmed. Add Parmesan (the real stuff) and fresh mozzarella and cook at 300 for another 10 minutes. If you like the top browned, broil for about a minute until cheese is browned.
Serve with pasta.