The method for dipping here is what makes the batter very thick and crunchy.
Beer is of course the secret ingredient.
You’re going to make 2 dips, one dry and one wet. See ingredients for each below.
Use Beer Buttermilk Marinated Chicken. You can use regular chicken or whole chicken, but you will likely want to up the spicing in the batter because the marinade adds so much flavor.
Heat oil to 350. I recommend monitoring with a thermometer. We prefer peanut oil for this application.
First, dip your chicken in the dry (it should still be wet from the marinade. If it’s not, get the chicken wet with water so the flour sticks).
Then dip in your wet bath.
Then the third dipping.
Fry in the prepared oil.
Until golden brown. Internal temperature should reach 165 for chicken.
Then plate it up with some delicious mashed potatoes and cream gravy…
Chicken Fried Chicken
- 3 cups all-purpose flour1
- 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/2 cups beer
- Prepare:Beer buttermilk marinated chickenhttps://whitepeakcreative.xyz/theweekday/wp-admin/post.php?post=1065&action=editDip marinated chicken (still wet from the marinade) into dry mix, then wet mix, then back in dry. Fry at 350 until internal temperature reaches 165 Fahrenheit. Serve with mashed potatoes and cream chicken gravy.