This is the best chicken salad. I love the sweet, salty, crunchy, creamy soft texture. It’s a huge hit at showers, and particularly good served on a croissant (but hey what isn’t right?)
First you will boil 2 large chicken breasts. I usually do this in a small pan and add 1 t of chicken base to the water just to give a bit more flavor to the chicken. Cook all the way through, then chill.
Mix 1 C mayonnaise (we like Hellman’s Light) and 1/4 C heavy whipping cream with 1 t. celery salt and 2 T dried parsley.
Chop the chicken (it should be a bit over 2 cups of chopped chicken).
Chop 1 large stalk of celery and about 3/4 of a small onion. For salads like this I will chop my onion very fine. Wash and slice 1 C seedless red grapes.
Add onion, celery and 1/3 C slivered almonds and mix well. Then add in grapes. Allow to sit and chill for several hours or overnight (it’s really better the next day as so many things are)
If you like this recipe you will also like:
- Doe’s House Salad
- Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- Smoked Paprika Salad Dressing
- Goat Cheese and Beet Salad With Candied Pecans
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing
- 2 1/2 C chicken breast
- 1 C light mayonnaise
- 1/4 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 t celery salt
- 3/4 C chopped celery
- 1/3 C chopped onion
- 1 C sliced red seedless grapes
- 1/3 C slivered almonds
- 2 T dried parsley
- Cook chicken breasts in water with 1 T. chicken base. Cool and chop. Combine ingredients with chicken and allow to chill for several hours or overnight.
Leave a Reply