I very rarely use cream of anything in cooking, but this recipe is one I’ve been making for a solid 15 years so it got grandfathered in. Plus it’s very easy to scale up for a crowd and holds very well due to the cream of chicken soup.
Key Ingredients and what they bring to the table
- Chicken Bone Broth cubes Adds flavor and velvety mouthfeel
- Angel Hair Pasta
- Sliced Mushrooms Mushrooms are packed with umami
- Minor’s Chicken base for a richer chicken flavor and umami
- Onion powder and garlic powder- increases the umami
- Fresh onions and green peppers add a nice fresh vegetable taste
Add all of the ingredients with the exception of the cheese to the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Quick release. This method does cause some browning of the bottom noodles and sauce, which we find really improves the flavor, but if you prefer no browning, hold off on adding the cream of chicken soup and follow the same instructions with the Instant Pot.
I am currently using the 8 quart Instant Pot Duo with the optional air fry lid. The air fry lid is the bomb for making wings or just crisping the top of anything after pressure cooking.
Add cheese and stir. Cook on slow cook high for about 5 minutes to melt the cheese. If you did not add the cream of chicken soup, add the soup and the cheese and stir. Cook on slow cook high for 30-40 minutes until everything is heated through and melted.
And serve. I guarantee you that if you bring this to your next pot luck, you *will* be asked for the recipe!
If you like this recipe you will also like:
- Instant Pot Meatballs With Mushroom Gravy
- Instant Pot Triple Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Johnny Marzetti
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
Instant Pot Chicken Tetrazzini
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 22.6 ounce can Campbell’s cream of chicken soup
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 green pepper seeded and diced
- 2 4 ounce cans mushrooms drained
- 3 stock cubes plus water to equal 4 cups
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Minor’s chicken base
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Add all ingredients except for cheese to the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes and quick release. This will result in some browning on the bottom of the pasta (which improves the flavor). If you prefer not to have browned pasta, just add the water, spices, chicken and vegetables and cook as directed. If you added everything to begin with, add the cheese and cook on slow cook high for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted. If you opted for no browning, add the remaining ingredients and cook on slow cook high until all is heated through and melted, about 35 minutes.