I don’t know what it is about Kewpie Mayonnaise, but I’m convinced it can make anything taste better. Oh wait. I know what it is. MSG. Apparently it also is made with egg yolks only and some other slightly different ingredients than American mayonnaise but the MSG I’m sure contributes. I know there is a lot of misinformation out there about MSG (and a lot of it driven by Xenophobia) but do the research and decide on your own. Also, it’s pure umami.
Halved some Brussels sprouts and cut the ends off them and tossed them in the sauce.
And baked at 425 until roasty, about 30 minutes (but my dish was very heavy stoneware). They were still a bit crunchy, but perfect in my opinion.
I could NOT stop eating these, and that’s something I rarely say about a vegetable!
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE YOU WILL ALSO LIKE:
- Doe’s House Salad
- Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- Smoked Paprika Salad Dressing
- Spinach Salad With Hot Bacon Dressing
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing
Kewpie Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1/3 cup Kewpie mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce mae ploy
- 3 tablespoons pepper sauce stuff
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 dash Sesame oil
- Combine sauce ingredients and mix. Add to Brussels sprouts and toss to coat. Roast in preheated 425 degree Fahrenheit oven for 20 minutes or until roasted and browned.