This goes great with a batch of Philips Pasta Maker squid’s ink pasta! But you can also buy squid’s ink pasta pre-made here or here on Amazon, or you can use normal pasta, I just use the black because it looks so cool and the kids love it.
This is super easy, though. Just melt some butter in a pan, and add some garlic and saute for just a minute.
In the meantime, sear some scallops in butter and oil.
Toss the pasta (that has been cooked in boiling water until al dente) and toss in the sauce.
Add shrimp to the heated pasta and cook until just cooked through, and toss in the shrimp, and cook until the shrimp is done. Taste and adjust the seasoning (I added more Better Than Bullion Lobster Base for more salt and flavor).
Toss the scallops in last (they’re delicate) and serve.
Scallop and Shrimp Scampi
- 1 pound shrimp peeled
- 1 pound scallops
- 1 pound pasta cooked
- 1/2 cup white whine
- 1 cube seafood stock or chicken stock
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Better Than Bullion Lobster Base
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- Cook the pasta to al dente. In large pan, melt butter and saute for a minute. Add wine, juice of 1 lemon, 1 shellfish stock cube, 1 to 2 tablespoons Better Than Bullion Lobster Base, and black pepper, and cook until heated through. Saute scallops and set aside. Add cooked pasta to sauce and toss, heating through. Add shrimp and cook until the shrimp is just cooked. If more salt is needed, add another tablespoon Better Than Bullion Lobster base. Add scallops and toss to coat. Serve with shredded Parmesan.