There are a lot of recipes for marinated mushrooms out there. This one’s simple and zippy (which is what I was going for). I actually used my chamber vacuum sealer to quick marinate them, but keeping them in the marinade for a week in a jar should also do the trick.
Using a good vinegar is key here.
teaspoon each of salt, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning.
1/3 cup good vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and your spices, and mix.
And bag or jar them up for a week. SO good!
And garnish your Bloody Marys with them!!!
Zippy Marinated Mushrooms
- 16 ounces mushrooms I used Baby Bellas
- 1/3 cup good white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine ingredients and store in jar in refrigerator for one week.