When I made this dressing I was attempting to mimic the honey mustard dressing made at a restaurant I used to work at (The Chop House). It was so sweet, and zippy and tangy. I really think I nailed it!
Their version was made with yellow mustard, that much I know. I used Kewpie mayonnaise because I love it SO much.
Onion powder, smoked paprika and MSG (Accent), along with dried onions for a little bit of texture. I know some people get the squicks about MSG but you’d be shocked at how much stuff it’s actually in (and names it’s hidden under). Google it.
Stir it all up with some honey, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar.
Add it to a jar. I find the canning funnel is indispensable if you don’t want to make a mess! And these resusable lids are so handy for things that don’t have to be water bath canned. Leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours to let the flavors meld and the onions to soften.
And serve over a salad or with chicken! It’s really great to dip chicken tenders and onion rings in, too!
If you like this recipe you will also like:
- Doe’s House Salad
- Smoked Paprika Salad Dressing
- Spinach Salad With Hot Bacon Dressing
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/2 cup Kewpie Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Yellow Mustard
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 3 tablespoons Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried onions
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon MSG (Accent)
- Mix all ingredients and place in jar. Let set for a couple of hours and serve on salad or as a dipping sauce.