This recipe is off the hook. I mean ditch your diet at the door, y’all.
Ok anything that starts with a stick of butter (yes, a whole stick. Here’s the evidence) and a pint of whipping cream. Ok don’t do this every day. The surgeon general insists. Also, hit the elliptical afterwards just to be safe.
So like I said. Melt a stick of butter.
Whip in a pint of heavy cream. It will look like it broke but that’s just the delicious fat. And fat is flava. It comes together when it’s bound in love by the cheese.
Add 2 cups grated Parmesan and several minced garlic cloves. For us, several is like five. For this dish I also added 2 T. of Better Than Bullion Lobster base because it’s salty and I knew I was going to add seafood. This could be a t. salt, or a different kind of base depending on what you add to the pasta. The possibilities are literally endless. You could even add some spinach if you’re feeling healthy-like. I also added a ½ t. black pepper and low-heat cayenne pepper. I did not salt the water on the pasta (which I normally would do) because of the salt content of the Better than Bullion.
For Parmesan cheese, we’ve started using Sartori, which I buy by the wheel.
I tossed it with my homemade pasta and gave it a quick heat. I’m so loving my Phillips pasta maker. I can’t tell you.
And added some shrimp, heated it up. Normally I would use raw but I had some cooked in the freezer that was thinking about getting freezer burned so I used it.
And served it. Voila.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE YOU WILL ALSO LIKE:
- Instant Pot Meatballs With Mushroom Gravy
- Instant Pot Triple Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Johnny Marzetti
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Chicken Tetrazzini
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups grated Parmesan
- 5 garlic cloves minced F
- 2 tablespoons Better Than Bullion Lobster base
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon low-heat cayenne pepper
- 16 ounces uncooked or cooked shrimp
- 16 ounces pasta cooked and drained
- Melt butter in pan. Add whipping cream and heat on medium-low while whisking. Add Parmesan and heat until melted. Add spices and lobster base. If your shrimp is uncooked, add it now. Add pasta and heat and stir until shrimp are just pink. If your shrimp are cooked, add at the very end and just heat through so as not to overcook the shrimp.