I had this at a restaurant and it was absolutely amazing. I couldn’t believe how simple it was, yet the flavors complimented each other to perfection. It comes together SO fast as well!
- One head of fresh romaine lettuce and one strip steak
- Sour cream and buttermilk for the perfect creamy texture
- Onion powder and garlic powder for umami
- Lemon juice to brighten
- Dried Chives
- Freshly ground black pepper. I think the Watkins is amazing.
- Dried Chives are really just fantastic in salad dressings
- Fresh garlic
- Prepared horseradish for a *kick*
- Green onions for garnish and flavor
- Combine sour cream, buttermilk, garlic and onion powder, horseradish, lemon juice, dried chives, and fresh garlic. Allow flavors to meld for an hour.
- Grill steak to desired doneness and lightly grill the romaine lettuce
- Slice steak and serve on romaine with salad dressing. Add fresh chopped green onions and freshly ground black pepper.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU WILL ALSO LIKE:
- Doe’s House Salad
- Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- Smoked Paprika Salad Dressing
- Spinach Salad With Hot Bacon Dressing
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing
Horseradish Salad Dressing
- 1/3 C sour cream
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons horseradish to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1-2 cloves garlic to taste
- Salt to taste
- Combine ingredients and allow flavors to meld for 1 hour while chilling. Serve over grilled romaine lettuce and strip steak (grilled and sliced).