I like my stuffing to have a little *kick*, so I add extra onions and celery. You can back down if it’s a bit much for you.
I typically purchase my dried bread cubes. Much easier. For extra chicken-y flavor, I use Maggi Chicken Base in the place of salt.
Add bread cubes, eggs, celery, onion, melted butter, and spices to large bowl and mix. Eggs help to bind and give a glossy texture.
Melt stock cubes with water and butter. This should be about a full 2 cups liquid. Add chicken base to hot liquid and stir.
Add liquid to bread cube mix and stir well.
Should have a relatively moist consistency (but everyone likes their stuffing different!) I like to use these disposable half pans, particularly when I’m cooking in advance for entertaining. They fit perfectly in a chafing dish.
Cover with foil and bake at 325 until cooked through. About 45 minutes.
Here, I added cooked turkey, recovered, and baked until heated through. I made the turkey in my Instant Pot and it turned out amazing!
And served with cream chicken gravy.
- 8 ounce dried bread cubes
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 ½ diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 2 stock cubes
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Add bread cubes, eggs, celery, onion, melted butter, and spices to large bowl and mix.
- Melt stock cubes with water. This should be a full 2 cups liquid. Add chicken base to hot liquid and stir
- Add liquid to bread cube mix and stir well.
- Add to a large half pan and cover with foil.
- Bake at 325 until fully cooked, about 45 minutes.