We *really* love the way Fiesta ranch tastes (if you haven’t tried it, you’re missing out!) Because it can be difficult to find, I came up with a copycat recipe and usually make it in bulk because we love it so much. Using this (or the packet version if you can find it!) makes for a super fast but very flavorful dinner!
Start by giving the meat a good sear on saute in the Instant Pot. I am currently loving the Instant Pot Duo with Air Fry Lid.
Add the Fiesta ranch powder. I used 1/4 cup but if you use the packet I would only use one packet (due to the higher sodium content in the packets. I make mine lower sodium and add more to the final recipe if it needs it). Slow cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. I opted to slow cook to use the minimum amount of liquid and intensify the Fiesta Ranch flavor but you can also cook on high pressure (add at least 1/2 cup beer or water to the pot) for 45 minutes on high and quick release.
After the meat is cooked, add potatoes and cook on high pressure. These were very small potatoes and they were cooked in 9 minutes but how long it takes depends on the size of your potatoes. Before cooking the meat and potatoes, gauge the amount of liquid that’s in the pot. This pot roast gave off a fair amount of liquid and fat so I did not add any, but if the meat you use is leaner you may want to add a bit of water.
Once the potatoes are cooked add the carrots. I like my carrots still on the crisp side, so I only pressure cooked for a minute after that. If you like yours softer, you could go 2 or more minutes.
I added salt to the final plate (like I said the Fiesta mix is relatively low sodium).
The flavor and texture on this cannot be beat, and incredibly low-effort for such a nice dinner. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe you will also like:
- Instant Pot Beer Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joe
- Instant Pot Air Fryer Fiesta Ranch Wings
- Instant Pot Meatballs With Mushroom Gravy
- Instant Pot Cincinnati Chili
Instant Pot Fiesta Ranch Pot Roast
- 1 3-4 pound pot roast
- ¼ cup Fiesta Ranch copycat powder or 1 packet Fiesta Ranch
- 3-4 carrots peeled and chopped
- 6-8 small red potatoes washed
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Sear the pot roast in the Instant Pot on sauté. Add Fiesta ranch and slow cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Add potatoes (and liquid if necessary) and cook on high pressure for 9-11 minutes, depending on the size, and quick release. Add carrots and cook on high pressure for 1-2 minutes depending on how done you prefer them. Adjust seasoning.
Leave a Reply