This is super fast to put together on a weeknight for dinner. This is the dish that made my husband fall in love with me. I made it as the first meal I ever cooked for him, but I made an error. When I grabbed the paprika (the main flavor in this dish) I grabbed a container that I had accidentally mixed about half and half cayenne pepper and paprika. Needless to say, it was SPICY. But he choked it down and didn’t die, and we’re still together this day!
The chops are cut from a pork loin.
Just a small amount of cayenne along with the smoked paprika. NOT half and half! Paprika is really the star of the flavors in this dish, so use a good quality smoked paprika.
Sear the pork chops on a pan set to medium-high temperature. Make sure the pan is good and hot before you add the chops.
Put the chops in the pan and don’t touch them for a good couple of minutes to form a nice outside crust. If you try to pull them off the pan before the crust forms, they’ll stick. Give them a good 2 or three minutes each side.
Then remove from the pan.
Add onions and saute for a bit.
Add spices and mix in.
And cook for a minute.
Add sherry and deglaze the pan, scraping the browned bits off the bottom.
Turn heat to medium low, add cream and stir.
Add chops back to pan and cook over medium low heat for a minute or so in the sauce.
I served with mashed potatoes and creamed spinach.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE YOU WILL ALSO LIKE:
- Instant Pot Meatballs With Mushroom Gravy
- Instant Pot Triple Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Johnny Marzetti
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Chicken Tetrazzini
Paprika Pork Chops
- 4 pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 medium onion sliced and halved
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper to taste
- Sear pork chops on both sides in a pan on medium high for several minutes until browned. Remove chops from pan and add onions and cook for several minutes until translucent. Add spices and cook for a minute with the onions. Add sherry and deglaze the pan, scraping bits off the bottom if there are any. Add heavy whipping cream and mix. Add pork chops back to pan and cook 2 minutes on each side. Adjust seasoning if necessary.