There are about a million different recipes for this, but essentially it’s a sweet and tangy mustard based sauce that’s delicious on barbecue (and particularly brisket in my opinion).
There are a couple of things that I add that I have not seen added in any of the other recipes out there. One is onion powder, and the other is MSG. Both are added to increase the Umami flavor component. The other secret ingredient is my homemade spicy brown mustard. Obviously this one has some kick!
And serve with your delicious smoked brisket!
Very zippy! If you like that, you will not be disappointed!
If you like this recipe you will also like…
Carolina Gold sauce
- 3/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon msg
- Mix all ingredients together and serve with barbecue