These candied pecans are so easy, and are delicious on just about any type of salad. When you pair them with goat cheese and beets the flavor combination is absolutely amazing.
- Green leaf lettuce
- Beets: Me and the Mr. wanted to try these differently. He cut into cubes and roasted his, I julienned mine and added them raw for a bit of crunch. Either way tasted amazing.
- Humboldt fog goat cheese. If you have not tried this cheese, you *must*. It’s truly amazing!
- Dried Cranberries
- White onion
- Candied Pecans, recipe following
This is a very simple recipe, it makes a lot but these last a good long time if you keep them in a freezer bag and prevent them from getting humid.
Combine sugar, spices, salt, water, and egg white and whisk. Toss nuts in mixture.
Bake in a preheated 250 degree Fahrenheit oven for 1 hour, tossing every 15 minutes.
And toss nuts and salad together with Balsamic Vinaigrette (recipe below).
If you like this recipe, you will also like:
- Doe’s House Salad
- Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- Smoked Paprika Salad Dressing
- Spinach Salad With Hot Bacon Dressing
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing