Ok, so I usually avoid viral food trends but this one…I used to make a similar pasta (not the exact same way people are making it) but mine also had olives because olives are amazing, particularly with tomatoes and feta. This one is super-fast for a weeknight, cooked in the Instant Pot.
It’s a pretty simple ingredient list:
- Cellantani– you can use any pasta but I really like the way this one holds its texture when cooking in the Instant Pot.
- Byzantine Olive Mix– or you can use Kalamata. This mixture has an amazing flavor.
- Italian seasoning
- Chicken breast (I chose to chunk mine up into large pieces because I wanted it chunky style. You do you, on this one).
How it comes together:
First, I cooked my feta and tomatoes in the Instant Pot using the air fryer lid. Instant Pot Duo With Air Fryer Lid. This gave the tomatoes and feta a nice color.
Next, I cooked the chicken for a bit in a cup of water just to make sure my large pieces were fully cooked by the end of it. This is high pressure, 4 minutes, quick release.
Then added more water and cooked on high pressure for 4 minutes, quick releasing.
Then added back in the tomatoes and feta, olives and spices. I cooked this on high slow-cook for about 20 minutes while we had a cocktail before dinner, but you could just as easily cook on high pressure 0 minutes, and quick release to bring it all up to temperature.
It looks like a bit of a hot mess, but I assure you it’s MUCHO flavorful!!
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE YOU WILL ALSO LIKE:
- Instant Pot Meatballs With Mushroom Gravy
- Instant Pot Triple Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Johnny Marzetti
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Chicken Tetrazzini
Instant Pot Tomato Chicken Feta Pasta
- Instant Pot Duo With Air Fryer
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 16 ounces pasta
- 2 cups cherry or otherwise small tomatoes
- 1 cup olives
- 2 large chicken breasts diced in larger pieces
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic crushed to taste
- Add tomatoes and feta to air fryer pan in Instant pot. Cook on airfry at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes until browned to your liking. Add chicken and 1 cups water to the Instant pot, and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Quick release. Add pasta and 2 ½ cups more water and cook on high pressure 4 minutes. Quick release. Add back in tomatoes and feta, with the olives and spices. Cook on high slow cook for 20 minutes until all is warmed through, or cook at high pressure for 0 minutes and quick release.