We served these at our wedding and let me tell you, we could have easily made double and STILL needed more, they ran out in minutes. They’re shockingly easy to make with just a couple of ingredients (and easy to make ahead and refrigerate or freeze, they’re incredibly stable).
With LorAnn Flavor Oils, the flavor combinations are literally endless.
Ingredients and equipment:
- Cream cheese
- Whipped topping
- Jell-O Cheesecake Pudding Mix (instant)
- Graham cracker crumbs or Oreo cookie crumbs
- Whipped cream
- Food coloring
- LorAnn Fruit Flavors
- LorAnn Caramel Flavor
- Large piping bags
- Mini dessert containers: the possiblities on these are endless. These, these, these, these, or these adorable magarita glasses.
Prepare the pudding as the package directs.
Warm the cream cheese in the microwave (unwrapped) for 30 seconds until melted pretty nicely. If you do not do this step, the mixing can take forever. Ask me how I know!!
Combine the cream cheese and the pudding and mix until there are no lumps. Add your LorAnn flavor oil and food coloring if desired. The amount of LorAnn you add really is to your taste. I will add half a dram at a time, then taste to get the desired flavor intensity I’m looking for (I know that sounds wishy washy but all flavors have somewhat different flavor intensity so it’s really better to taste. You can always add…subtracting not so much!) This batch was cherry lemonade (2 drams).
Fold in the defrosted whipped topping and add to a large pastry bag. At this point you can refrigerate or freeze and save for later!
Make your Oreo or graham cracker crumbs (I purchased pre-ground graham cracker crumbs).
Cut the tip of the pastry bag off (the tops don’t need to be so pretty here because we’re going to be adding whipped cream, from a can, on top). Give the pan a couple of taps on the counter between layers.
And add whipped cream and a maraschino cherry (I quartered them so they wouldn’t look massive!)
Make as many as you think you want, then DOUBLE the batch. People REALLY love these!!
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE YOU WILL ALSO LIKE:
- Cherry Pie
- Key Lime Pie
- Goat Cheese, Apple and Honey Tart
- Classic Scones
- Pumpkin Pound Cake
- Instant Pot Lemon Layered Cheeseckake
- Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Lemon Sour Cream Ombre Cake
- 1 8 ounce block cream cheese
- 1 12 ounce container Cool Whip thawed
- 1 3.4 ounce box cheesecake pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs or Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1 to 2 drams LorAnn Flavor Oil
- 1 can whipped cream
- Food coloring optional
- Maraschino cherries optiona
- Add pudding mix to milk and stir. Wait for pudding to thicken. Warm cream cheese in microwave for 30 seconds. In a stand mixer, mix cream cheese and LorAnn flavor oil. Add pudding to cream cheese mixture and whip until there are no lumps. Fold in Cool Whip. Add mix to piping bag and chill in refrigerator for at least one hour. Alternate piping cream cheese mix with layering graham cracker crumbs or Oreo cookie crumbs into mini-dessert containers, starting with cream cheese mix. Top with whipped cream and a cherry (or garnish of your liking)