Chicken cooked in the Sous Vide has such an amazing texture. I had never cooked mushrooms in the sous vide so I wanted to see how they would come out both the texture and the flavor. I got some amazing Baby Bella mushrooms so I thought I’d give it a try.
That’s 2 chicken breasts, split horizontally. Add 16 ounces of Baby Bella mushrooms (I left them whole!), 1 tablespoon Maggi chicken base, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon Italian seasingings, 2 garlic cloves, and 1/2 cup Marsala wine to a vacuum bag.
There’s two ways to seal this, depending on what kind of vacuum sealer you have. If you have a traditional vacuum sealer (sucks air out of the bag), you will need to freeze prior to sealing so as to lose the liquid.
If you have a chamber vacuum sealer, you can just seal at this point.
Sous vide the chicken for at least 8 hours (I did like 12 because…work). I set the sous vide at 130 for this cook.
I use an Anova sous vide similar to this model.
At the end of the cook make a quick roux.
This is 2 T butter and 4 T flour. Cook for a minute on medium to remove the flour-y flavor.
Add the juices from the bag (after cooking).
And 2 stock cubes.
And cook until thickened. Add 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, adjust seasonings (I do this with Chicken Base)…
…and toss 1 pound of spaghetti with the sauce.
And serve. Usually due to the anemic look of the chicken coming out of the sous vide bag, I will sear it in a skillet, or broil, grill or torch it to give it some color. I didn’t think the color on this was terrible, I thought it looked pretty tasty so I left it. You do you, on this matter.
Have to say this was absolutely delicious. The flavor on the chicken and the sauce, HUGE umami. And I could not have been happier with the texture on the mushrooms. Will definitely be doing this again! And such a fast finish after getting home from work.
If you like this recipe you will also like:
- Sous Vide Lobster and Shrimp
- Sous Vide Prime Rib
- Sous Vide Beer Mushroom Pork Roast
- Sous Vide Pork Roast With Asian Plum Sauce
- Sous Vide Minted Leg of Lamb
- Myer’s Rum Smoked Sous Vide Pork Loin
- Honey Mustard Sous Vide Chicken
- Sous Vide Short Ribs
- Sous Vide Ranch Chicken
- Sous Vide Asian Pork Loin
Sous Vide Creamy Chicken Marsala
- Sous Vide
For the chicken
- 2 large chicken breasts slicked horizontally
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 16 ounces Baby Bella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 stock cubes
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 16 ounces pasta cooked and drained
For the chicken
- Add all ingredients to vacuum bag and seal (if using a traditional sealer you will need to freeze first). Sous vide at 130 for at least 8 hours.
For the sauce
- Cook the butter and flour on medium for several minutes. Add the sauce from the sous vide bag, and 2 stock cubes. Cook until thickened, adjust seasoning, and toss with the sauce. Serve with mushrooms and chicken breast.