The ingredients for this recipe: Beef, salt. (Fleur de sel specifically). Proving that good high quality ingredients and the right cooking techniques are enough to make a fantastic dish.
I got these beautiful “short” ribs at Kettle Range Meats. They have an awesome selection of meats, sausages and fully cooked dinners. Try them out if you’re in the Milwaukee area!
These were just incredibly meaty for shortribs so I was excited to try them!
I had my husband smoke the ribs for me for 4 hours at XYZ temperature.
In our Masterbuilt Electric Smoker. As you can see they came out amazing!
After cooling, I double vacuum bagged and sealed them with my vacuum sealer.
I the sous vide I use is no longer available, this is the closest recent version of it. I have really enjoyed cooking with it for the last 5 years.
I cooked the meat for 36 hours at 158 Fahrenheit
At which point it was beautifully jiggly and soft but still had some really nice texture.
We then cooked it on the grill using the Vortex to give a super-hot directed heat.
And as you can see it got a great char.
Sliced it up…
And served it with some Instant Pot Mushrooms, Instant Pot Parmesan Mashed Potatoes, and Pumpernickel bread.
This turned out so beautifully. The meat texture was fantastic! I served with Instant Pot Sauteed Mushrooms and Instant Pot Parmesan and Chive Mashed Potatoes.
If you like this recipe you will also like:
- Sous Vide Lobster and Shrimp
- Sous Vide Prime Rib
- Sous Vide Beer Mushroom Pork Roast
- Sous Vide Pork Roast With Asian Plum Sauce
- Sous Vide Minted Leg of Lamb
- Myer’s Rum Smoked Sous Vide Pork Loin
- Sous Vide Creamy Chicken Marsala
- Honey Mustard Sous Vide Chicken
- Sous Vide Ranch Chicken
- Sous Vide Asian Pork Loin
Sous Vide Short Ribs
- Sous Vide
- 4 pounds beef short ribs
- 2 teaspoons fleur de sel
- Smoke ribs at 250 Fahrenheit for approximately 4 hours. Add ribs and fleur de sel to vacuum bag and vacuum pack. Sous vide at 158 Fahrenheit for 36 hours. Unbag and sear on hot grill for several minutes.