Of course making sauteed mushrooms is super easy, and I can’t say it is all that much faster in the Instant Pot. However!! It is a huge time savings for me because I can multi-task instead of babysitting and stirring.
I also feel like the flavor from these is far deeper and richer than the average sauteed mushrooms, possibly from the pressure.
I like to keep mine whole because I love biting into a whole mushroom. So satisfying! I add them to the Instant Pot with 1/2 cup red wine (cheap red wine in our house, but you do you. It all works. I even add a touch of sherry from time to time), 1 tablespoon of butter and some beef base. I use Maggi Beef Base most of the time.
The Instant Pot I’m currently using is the Instant Pot Max. I love it due to the Max pressure and the automated release. That is such a time saver.
And cook on max pressure for 13 minutes. If your using an Instant Pot that doesn’t have max I’d ad a couple of minutes. In all honesty, it’s pretty darn hard to overcook these in the Instant Pot, and how long it takes is also dependent on how big your mushrooms are (right?!). These are Baby Bellas, if you’re using Mama Jama Bellas, go longer.
Do a quick release after the cook.
And they’re done.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE YOU WILL ALSO LIKE:
- Instant Pot Meatballs With Mushroom Gravy
- Instant Pot Triple Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Johnny Marzetti
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Chicken Tetrazzini
Instant Pot Beefy Sauteed Mushrooms
- Instant Pot
- 16 ounces Mushrooms (I used Baby Bellas)
- 1/2 cup cheap red wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon beef base
- Combine all ingredients in Instant Pot. Cook on max pressure for 13 minutes or high pressure for 15 minutes. Quick release and stir.