This is a cold dip that is delicious with crackers or pretzels. It’s also very fast and easy to make, so much so that I’ll make it for a weekend-day snack.
Start with room-temperature or microwaved soft cream cheese (room temperature is VERY important if you do not want to STIR FOREVER. Ask me how I know…), and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of homemade ranch powder (recipe can be found here), or you can use half a packet of dried ranch powder. The homemade has less salt so you can use more of it for more flavor, without getting too salty. I also add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper for some kick (you may want to adjust this if you do not prefer spicy food. We do!) and 2 tablespoons dried chives.
Mix well until there are no lumps. Add 2 ounces of beer, I would probably go with a lighter lager or the beer flavor might be a bit much.
After the beer is mixed in, it’s going to seem very runny. Do not worry, once it’s cooled down and the powders mix in, the texture will be perfect.
Add about 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded cheddar cheese. I prefer it finely shredded.
Mix it up well
Chill for at least an hour or overnight. Serve with crackers or pretzels.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU WILL ALSO LIKE:
- Instant Pot Reuben Dip
- Hot Crab Dip
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Beer-Cooked Chicken Dip
- Spinach Dip
- Dried Beef Dip
- Dirty Blue Martini Dip
Beer Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 ounces light lager I used High Life
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Ranch powder or half a packet
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne or to taste
- Mix ingredients and serve with crackers or pretzels. This is also amazing warmed and mixed! I recommend doubling for parties!