It is possible that dip is one of my favorite food groups, and this one is so flavorful! This is similar to the makeup of a lot of recipes you will see online, but the spices and capers do make it quite unique. We had it a party, and also served it over tenderloin (kind of a steak Oscar thing going on).
The cream cheese, Kewpie mayonnaise (if you have not tried this, you must. I’m addicted), capers and crab go so well together.
This frozen Blue Lump crab meat works very well with this recipe, and can be found in the freezer section at the grocery store. Spices used were onion powder, garlic powder, dried chives, cayenne pepper, celery powder, and smoked paprika. I added capers for some extra POW. They are so good.
Whip the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream together with the spices and some lemon juice.
Until smooth and creamy.
Add the capers, crab and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese.
Mix and add to a baking dish. Large and flat is pretty ideal for this application.
Top with another 3/4 cup cheese until brown, about 25 minutes (mine was cold because I did prepare it the day before, so it took a little longer. This keeps well overnight).
This has a nice kick of flavor. If you prefer things less spicy, omit the cayenne pepper.
It was delicious on bread, and topping tenderloin.
We served this with slices of King Arthur Flour’s Easy Baguettes.
F YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU WILL ALSO LIKE:
- Beer Cheese Dip
- Instant Pot Reuben Dip
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Beer-Cooked Chicken Dip
- Spinach Dip
- Dried Beef Dip
Hot Crab Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup Kewpie Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 3 tablespoon capers drained
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon celery powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound blue lump crab drained
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream and Kewpie mayonnaise with spices and lemon juice and whip until smooth. Add capers, crab, and ¾ cheese and mix by hand. Place in shallow baking dish, top with remaining ¾ cup cheese, and bake in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 25 minutes or until warm and bubbly. Serve with baguette slices, crackers, on top of steak, or just eat by the spoonful.
Leave a Reply