Crab cakes are so easy to make at home, and are just ridiculously expensive and sometimes not all that great to boot! (Or maybe that’s because Wisconsin is so far away from an ocean!)
1/4 cup of mayonnaise. You could do light I suppose, and egg, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, 1 teaspoon smoked papkrika and 1 teaspoon onion powder.
An egg to bind it with.
2 tablespoons of capers (I like Mezzeta), and a beefy green onion, chopped. Or two wimpy ones.
Mix with 1/2 cup bread crumbs. I like to mix this together first so as not to beat the crab up too much later when you’re mixing.
1 lb Tanner crab meat. This smelled so amazingly good!
Coat with panko bread crumbs.
Really mash ’em in there. The panko breadcrumbs I mean.
Meantime, start you remoulade. 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon horseradish (prepared), 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
Soo good and spicy.
Heat about 1/2 olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter.
And fry your crabcakes over medium heat.
Until a nice lovely brown. If your crabcakes are thinner, cook on medium low. Aside from the egg everything is cooked, so 150 internal temperature should be safe.
And serve with your remoulade. These held together beautifully without too much binder (I always wonder how they keep the ones that are almost completely crab, and large chunks of it, held together when frying).
If you like this recipe you will also like…
- Crawfish Po’ Boy
- Chicken Fried Steak
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Friday Fish Fry
- Chicken And Waffles
- Chicken Fried Chicken
- Coconut Beer Battered Shrimp
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked papkrika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder.
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- 1 green onion large, chopped
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 lb Chopped crab cooked or uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all crab cake ingredients with the exception of crab and panko bread crumbs. Add crab to combined ingredients. Mix and form into patties. Press patties into panko bread crumbs. Fry over medium heat in a non-stick pan with about 1/2 cup olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter, until golden brown.