I can’t even begin to describe how amazing this is. I was craving a fried seafood Po Boy, but dreading how much of a pain I thought it was going to be to get all that breading stuck on. This is really much easier than you think!
I saw several recipes online but I thought they were just a bit too complex for what I was looking for (with eggs and milk and such). This one appealed to me because I was looking for something a bit more simple, but I simplified even further. Plus the hot sauce looked good!
Since crawfish is the star of the show, go for the good stuff. LACrawfish really came through with some beautiful tail meat.
Basically I just put Tabasco sauce and cajun seasoning and mixed it up until it was wet.
Dipped it in a mixture of half and half cornmeal and flour.
Turned to coat.
Shook a little of the excess off.
And deep fried in my Delonghi deep fryer for about 2 minutes.
I did add a bit more Cajun seasoning.
Covered the bread in a Remoulade (see below). The bread I used is New Orleans style French bread and it could not have been more perfect for this (I mean duh right!)
For the Remoulade…1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon horseradish (prepared), 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Nice ‘n kicky!
Lettuce and tomato.
And fried crawfish.
It was *awesome* and surprisingly easy!
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE YOU WILL ALSO LIKE…
- Crab Cakes With Remoulade
- Chicken Fried Steak
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Friday Fish Fry
- Chicken And Waffles
- Chicken Fried Chicken
- Coconut Beer Battered Shrimp
Crawfish Po Boy
- Deep Fryer
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning to taste
- 1 pound defrosted crawfish tails
- 1/2 cup all- purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 3 tablespoons Remoulade sauce to taste
- 1 small sliced tomato
- 4 leaves iceburg lettuce
- 2 French bread rolls
- Add Tabasco and 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (to your taste) to bowl with crawfish tails and toss to coat. Toss in mixture of cornmeal and flour and coat. Gently shake off excess and fry in 350 degree Fahrenheit oil and cook for 2 to 3 minute (they're fast!). Assemble sandwich.