The ultimate in lazy and delicious.
Beer, Swiss cheese and mushrooms. What a great flavor combo! The beer really compliments these flavors, and the flavor of the rolls.
Garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. A great kick of umami right there.
Ok. So what you’re looking at here is a pound and a half of frozen ground beef. Yes, completely frozen. Add a cup of beer (I used Miller Lite), 1 tablespoon Maggi Beef Base (another kick of umami), and your spices.
And cook in the Instant Pot. I am currently using the Instant Pot Max, and I love the max pressure and automated release.
Cook on Max pressure for 25 minutes or high for 30, and quick release. Check for done-ness (but you are going to cook more so just make sure that the center isn’t still frozen). If you used non-frozen, you’d want to do about 10 minutes on max and 12 on high pressure.
And bash up the meat. I like to use the Pampered Chef Mix and Chop for this, it’s super efficient (the best way I’ve found to do it. And my mother in law swears by hers too!). There will be some extra liquid and that is not a bad thing.
Add 1/4 cup mayo & 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese and cook on the saute function until cheese is melted.
Add sliced mushrooms and mix. I like to use these Giorgio Sliced Mushrooms, I was really impressed with the large slices on these.
Take your New Orleans Style Rolls and slice horizontally down the middle. This is where these disposable half pans with lids come in super handy (and particularly good when you’re prepping ahead for a party!)
Add meat mix with the liquid. The liquid will sink into the rolls and add amazing flavor!
Put the lid on. Then cover in foil or the disposable lid pan. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until hot all the way through.
Brush with melted butter. If the tops aren’t brown enough, pop them under the low broiler for a minute or so.
Slice and serve. I’d probably drink the rest of that beer with it. So good!
Instant Pot Beer Swiss Mushroom Sliders
- Instant Pot
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup beer, I used Miller Lite
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Maggi Beef Base
- 1 4 ounce can sliced mushrooms drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellman's)
- Add beef, beer, spices and beef base to Instant Pot. Cook on Max pressure for 25 minutes or high pressure for 30 minutes (if frozen beef). For non-frozen beef, cook on Max for 10 minutes or high pressure for 12 minutes. Quick release. Mash up the ground beef. Add mayonnaise and swiss cheese and cook on saute function until cheese is melted. Add drained slice mushrooms and stir. Slice rolls horizontally and place beef mixture over top. Cover and bake in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 30 minutes until heated through. Brush with melted butter and serve.