Whew that is a mouthful. Sorry but I was trying to give a good description in there but it got a little wordy!
I know some people call this “Crack Chicken” but I have to be honest and say I dislike that term, strongly. Also if you look there are about a million things called “Crack” this or that. So I’m not going with that one.
Starting from scratch with fresh (or frozen! That works well too) chicken in the Instant Pot makes this a very easy way to make sandwiches for a crowd. We’re cuckoo for sliders in this family (must be the cute factor?)
I use beer as the liquid (livin’ the High Life, this time), Minor’s Chicken Base (to build the umami), homemade Ranch mix, and Cabot Seriously Sharp to build layers of flavor. And of course bacon, and Philly…
I threw it all in the pot, except the shredded cheese and green onions. I am currently using the Instant Pot Max, and I love having the max pressure, automated release, and dial to set (so much easier than poking at buttons, I swear). Cook on max pressure for 16 minutes or high pressure for 8, and quick release.
After cooking. Yes it looks like a hot mess, but the chicken should shred easily with a fork.
Add the cheese and green onions and stir to melt the cheese.
Split your slider buns in half horizontally. Here I used half a recipe King Arthur Flour Big Batch Dinner Rolls with just a half a cup of my sourdough starter added. They make perfect slider buns!
And bake until the rolls are heated through.
SO. MUCH. YUM.
A couple of notes: for shredded cheese in recipes I *really* prefer to shred it myself. They add some kind of starch to pre-shredded cheese that I think interferes with the way it melts. Also you really can’t get cheese as sharp as the Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar pre-shredded. For my ranch powder, I typically do not add the full amount of salt so that I can adjust the seasoning later. If you use commercially produced Ranch Powder, you may want to add only half of the chicken base to start, to make sure it’s not too salty.
If you like this recipe you will also like:
- Ham and Cheese Sliders With Zippy Sauce
- Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Beery Sliders
- Italian Bomber Sliders
- Mississippi Sin Sliders
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork Sliders
- Instant Pot Beer Swiss Mushroom Sliders
- Instant Pot Italian Beef Sliders
- Cheeseburger Sliders
- Lobster Roll Sliders
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders
- Instant Pot
- 2 large chicken breasts
- ¼ cup ranch powder
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- ½ cup beer
- 1 8 ounce block cream cheese
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 6 to 8 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 3 to 4 green onions chopped
- Batch of slider buns
- Place chicken breasts, beer, ranch powder, bacon and cream cheese in Instant Pot and cook on max pressure 16 minutes, high pressure 18 minutes, and quick release. Chicken should shred easily with a fork, if not give it a couple more minutes. Shred chicken. Add cheddar cheese and green onions and mix. Heat on high slow cook until cheese is melted.
- Slice slider buns horizontally and add chicken mixture. Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit preheated oven until heated through, about 25 to 40 minutes.