My family has made this recipe for many years and it’s a great way to cook a piece of flank steak. Flank steak is a tough piece of meat but very flavorful and cutting thinly across the grain makes it a wonderful piece of beef.
Start by combining 1/4 C. vegetable oil, 1/3 C. soy sauce, 1/4 cup wine vinegar (either white or red works nicely), 2 T. lemon juice, 1 1/2 T. Worcestershire sauce, 1 T. spicy mustard, I use my homemade mustard, 2 cloves garlic, 1/2 t. black pepper and 1 T. onion powder.
I usually do this in my little bullet blender because then I get the peppercorns ground freshly into the marinade and I don’t have to crush the garlic cloves.
Marinate overnight or several days.
Grill until done. We’ve been cooking our steaks directly on the coals, which is an awesome technique but you can grill it to your preference. If you’re going to grill directly on the coals, be sure you’re using real lump charcoal. Forgive the picture…it was dark and the coals were quite hot and red.
Allow to rest for a few minutes after grilling.
Slice across the grain and serve.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE YOU WILL ALSO LIKE:
- Instant Pot Meatballs With Mushroom Gravy
- Instant Pot Triple Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Johnny Marzetti
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Chicken Tetrazzini
Marinated Flank Steak
- 1/4 C. vegetable oil
- 1/3 C. soy sauce
- 1/4 C. wine vinegar
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 1/ T. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 T. brown mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1 T. onion powder
- 2-3 pound flank steak
- Combine all ingredients save steak and blend or whisk. Marinate steak overnight. Grill as desired.
Leave a Reply