This is a nice fresh alternative to traditional potato salad and of course with bacon it’s irresistible.
Start by boiling and cooling about 6 red potatoes. These were larger sized. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
Fry and crumble 5 pieces of bacon. We prefer it pretty crisp for this recipe.
Chop about 1/4 C green onions, 1/8 C chives, and 1/4 C fresh parsley.
In a bowl combine 1 C sour cream, 4 T mayonnaise, 1 t salt, 1 t freshly ground black pepper, and 1 clove crushed garlic. Add the chopped chives, parsley and green onions and stir well.
Add boiled and cooled red potatoes. If they’re not completely cooled the dressing sinks into the potatoes nicely.
Cool and serve. This is better served the next day because it typically takes that long for the flavors to meld. Check the salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
If you like this recipe you will also like:
- Doe’s House Salad
- Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- Smoked Paprika Salad Dressing
- Goat Cheese and Beet Salad With Candied Pecans
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing
Red Potato Salad with Bacon
- 6 large red potatoes
- 1 C light sour cream
- 4 T light mayonnaise
- 1 t salt
- 1 t pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 C freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 C chopped green onion
- 1/8 C chopped chives
- 5 slices bacon
- Cook potatoes until done and cool. Chop parsley, chives and green onions. To bowl add sour cream and mayonnaise with salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Add parsley, chives and green onions and stir well. Add cooled potatoes and cooked and chopped bacon. Stir well and chill overnight.