A necessity for the perfect supper club wedge salad! Very flavorful.
And very easy to make. Dried chives can be difficult to find, but they are totally worth it (and good in many different things!). If you happen to have fresh chives, definitely use those.
Add sour cream, mayonnaise, spices, lemon juice, onion, garlic, and about half the blue cheese crumbled finely. Mix the ingredients together, mashing the blue cheese into the side of the bowl to incorporate into the mixture. It will be relatively thick at this point, which helps to incorporate the blue cheese.
Add water to thin down the base to your desired thickness. We like it pretty thick but I’m guessing you could use 1/4 to 1/2 cup water to make it how you like it. Add rest of blue cheese crumbles and mix gently, and salt to taste.
I like to keep my dressings in a Ball jar. This funnel is very helpful for getting it there without making a huge mess.
I really like using these reusable lids, saving the normal lids and rings for actual canning.
And serve with French Dressing for the perfect supper club wedge salad!
If you like this recipe you will also like:
- Doe’s House Salad
- Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- Smoked Paprika Salad Dressing
- Goat Cheese and Beet Salad With Candied Pecans
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing
Supper Club Style Blue Cheese Dressing
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk powder
- ¼ cup water as desired
- 8 ounces blue cheese divided
- Mix all the ingredients except blue cheese and water. Add half the blue cheese (finely crumbled) and mash into the mayo/sour cream mix so that the blue cheese flavor is incorporated. Add water to thin to your desired consistency. Add remainder of blue cheese, crumbled into larger pieces and mix in.