We had blue cheese deep-fried olives at the Wisconsin State Fair, home of fun, deep-fried and very unhealthy foods. Of course they were served on a stick as is many Fair food items, and they were *amazing*. I knew I had to try this myself.
They were kind of a pain to make, I’m not going to lie, but oh my gosh they were amazing and I would say so worth it.
These are the Olives I used. I have bought them several times because my family is addicted to olives, and these are delicious. I picked through and made a jar of the green ones for these and for martinis. Yum.
First, I filled with blue cheese. I melted the cheese slightly in the microwave for about 30 seconds, added to a pastry bag with a small star tip, and filled the olives. It was messy but not too bad.
Coat the olives first in flour seasoned with 1 teaspoon onion powder and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, then beaten egg (I ended up using 2 eggs) then panko bread crumbs.
Deep fry them in peanut oil heated to 350 degrees until golden and crispy. It only took 3-4 minutes.
And serve with ranch dressing for dipping. Tasty salty little nuggets.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU WILL ALSO LIKE:
- Beer Cheese Dip
- Instant Pot Reuben Dip
- Hot Crab Dip
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Beer-Cooked Chicken Dip
- Spinach Dip
- Dried Beef Dip
- Dirty Blue Martini Dip
Deep Fried Blue Cheese Olives
- 1 1/2 Cup Olives Pitted
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 3/4 Cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Warm blue cheese crumbles in microwave for about 30 seconds until softened. Add to pastry bag with a tip or a plastic baggie and cut the tip off. Pipe blue cheese into olives. Mix flour, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Dip olives in flour mix, then beaten egg, then panko bread crumbs. Fry in peanut oil at 350 degrees for about 3 to 4 minutes until crispy and golden brown. Serve with ranch dipping sauce.
Leave a Reply