One of the most useful tools in my kitchen…I actually have 2, in case one of them dies.
The immersion blender. Sometimes referred to as a “stick blender”.
Why do you need one? I use mine often for many things. Here are some that I can think of:
- Saving sauces and gravies. These are perfect for any time you get a little *aggressive*/impatient with cooking sauces or gravies and end up with a broken sauce. The high shear on this tool (and the fact that you can stick it in a pan) is a lifesaver. I have never had it fail. If you like to make Hollandaise sauce, this is really really SUPER helpful. Because what a complete pain without it.
- Making healthier cream soups using cauliflower. I usually cook the cauliflower right in my broth (and I might add a bit of cream) then stick blend right in the pan. It’s so much easier than pouring it in a blender or food processor.
- Making mayonnaise. You can make mayonnaise literally in seconds with this little baby. I will pop some pickles in and boom. Tartar sauce.
Personally I really like the version I have (The Breville Immersion Blender) It is by far the most powerful immersion blender I’ve used, and I have used quite a few.
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST YOU WILL ALSO LIKE…
- Blackstone Grill Review
- Breville Sous Chef Food Processor Review
- Humboldt Fog Cheese Review
- Pizza-Que Review
- Instant Pot Review
- Pressure Cooking Primer
- KitchenAid Multi-Cooker with Stir Tower Review
- Swissmar Mandoline Review
- Chicago Metallic Trio Lasagna Pan Review
- Philips Pasta Maker Review
- Anova Sous Vide Review
- Sushi Bazooka Review