This savory soup is so easy in the Instant Pot, and it’s really a great source of hidden vegetables. My daughter ate it and didn’t even notice the spinach, she just asked for more.
The added vegetables also layer the flavors, along with chicken bone broth cubes and Minor’s Chicken Base (which adds salt but also umami flavor to the soup), and finishing off with just a touch of cream and Parmesan gives it a rich taste. I’m also a huge fan of the Sclafani tomatoes and have them on my Subscribe and Save list so I never run out.
Add all of the ingredients to the Instant Pot, with the exception of the cream, spinach and Parmesan. Cook on Max pressure for 15 minutes (I use the Instant Pot Max) or high pressure for 17 to 18 minutes.
Veggies look like this. I use a Breville immersion blender to blend everything very smooth.
Add the Parmesan and cream. If you find the soup isn’t thick enough for your taste, you can add some tomato paste. I did not need to. I blended again just to get the cheese to melt evenly.
Then add your spinach. I just used bagged spinach that I had frozen and crunched up, and it worked well. You could use fresh or a frozen block as well.
This was also VERY delicious with a gooey cheese sandwich for dipping!
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE YOU WILL ALSO LIKE:
- Instant Pot Chicken, Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup
- Instant Pot Healthier Cream of Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot Caldo de Cameron (Shrimp) Soup
- Instant Pot Santa Fe Soup
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Beer Cheese Soup
- Instant Pot Beer Potato Cheese Soup
- Instant Pot Mushroom Bisque
Tomato Florentine soup
- Instant Pot
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 2 large carrots
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 stock cubes
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Add stock cubes, onion, carrot, tomatoes, chicken base and seasonings to Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure 12 minutes and quick release. Immersion blend until smooth. Add heavy cream and parmesan and immersion blend. Add spinach and cook on high slow cook until heated through, or whenever you’re ready.