This…is not a complex recipe. However, several small additions add up to a far superior flavor to the standard sour cream add French onion soup powdered mix. You know how I know it was good? My husband said “I can’t stop eating this” (he rarely does that) and the day after I made it, he ate dinner and had it with chips, instead of dessert!
The triple onions are sautéed white onions, chopped fresh green onions, and dried onions. The beefy flavor comes from Watkins bullion powder (it really is fantastic!)
First…sauté your onions until slightly caramelized.
Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix.
And serve with potato chips. It really just takes a few extra minutes but the flavor improvement with the fresh onions added is really worth the time.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU WILL ALSO LIKE:
- Beer Cheese Dip
- Instant Pot Reuben Dip
- Hot Crab Dip
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Beer-Cooked Chicken Dip
- Spinach Dip
- Dried Beef Dip
- Dirty Blue Martini Dip
Triple Onion Beefy Dip
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- ½ large onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 tablespoon beef bullion powder to taste
- Sautee fresh white onion in a pan sprayed with oil over medium heat until slightly caramelized, stirring often. Add remaining ingredients to bowl and mix. Chill for one hour (overnight is better).