This one’s a simple recipe, that comes together quickly. I’ve never had a curried chicken salad that I actually liked…it was either too much curry, not enough curry…too bland…whatever have you. So I came up with this recipe to make it taste how *I* like it. My family thought it was really good, and I hope yours does too!
We have really been on a Duke’s mayo kick lately, it’s so good. Hellman’s is good, Dukes is better, and Kewpie is the best (but very expensive! but delicious).
- Mayonnaise (try Duke’s if you haven’t!)
- Chicken, of course. I used a full chopped up rotisserie chicken. Save the bones to make chicken bone broth!
- Curry. For this and other non-authentic dishes, I just use McCormick, the flavor is relatively universal.
- Finely diced Bermuda onions (you could use white or yellow, I like the flavor of Bermuda) and celery
- Cayenne pepper (just a dash to add a kick) and onion powder to increase the umami.
- Cranberry Jalapeno Chutney. I loved the flavor this added but you could use any chutney, homemade or even Major Grey’s. This adds a nice bit of sweet and sour and really balances nicely with the curry powder.
This is the pretty easy part lol
Throw everything in a bowl and mix it up good!!
And make yourself a sandwich! We used nice, soft rolls and they turned out amazing. The perfect, refreshing and light dinner for a 90 degree summer day!
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE YOU WOULD ALSO LIKE:
- Ham and Cheese Sliders With Zippy Sauce
- Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Beery Sliders
- Italian Bomber Sliders
- Mississippi Sin Sliders
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork Sliders
- Instant Pot Beer Swiss Mushroom Sliders
- Instant Pot Italian Beef Sliders
- Cheeseburger Sliders
- Lobster Roll Sliders
Curried chicken salad
- 1 rotisserie chicken deboned and chopped
- 1 ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ medium Bermuda onion chopped finely
- 3-4 ribs celery chopped finely
- ¼ cup chutney
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- Combine all ingredients and allow flavors to meld for at least an hour in the refrigerator (overnight is better).